5.14.2010

Thr3e by Ted Dekker-Review



Publisher: W Publishing Group (division of Thomas Nelson, Inc.), 2003
Pages: 352
ISBN: 0849943728


From Goodreads:

Enter a world where nothing is what it seems. Where your closest friend could be your greatest enemy.

Kevin Parson is driving his car late one summer day when, suddenly, his cell phone rings. A man who identifies himself as Slater speaks in a breathy voice: You have exactly three minutes to confess your sin to the world. Refuse, and the car you're driving will blow sky high.

Kevin panics. Who would make such a call? What sin? Kevin ditches the car. Precisely three minutes later, a massive explosion sets his world on a collision course with madness.

From the #1 best-selling fiction author comes a powerful story of good, evil, and all that lies between.


Thr3e was the first Ted Dekker book I read. Because I assumed this book would immediately begin as an adrenaline-laced page-turner, I found myself a tad disappointed in the first few pages (hence the reason it did not receive 5 lattes).

However, that was where my disappointment ended. The first few pages introduce the character (Kevin Parson) and his nature which is critica
l knowledge for the rest of the book. Afterward, I was completely hooked on his books to the point of obsession. The book had me feverishly turning pages as the pace was fast and intense.

It is a race against time as Kevin's horrific past is unleashed by Slater, a psychotic killer on the path to revenge. Kevin must solve Slater's riddles before it's too late or confess the secrets of his dark past. Th
e book had me hooked and guessing until the very last page. It is classified as an adult thriller and does not disappoint. I would recommend this book to anyone, especially thrill-seeking readers. This book's versatility allows it to be enjoyed by more than just those who read thrillers.

My rating: 4 lattes because the story was well conceived and kept me interested in the story. Though I very much enjoyed this book, I probably won't reread it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, even if to just say hi!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails